LAST UPDATED: July 20, 2020
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Information through the Platform, including:
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- IP Address (we may also derive your approximate location from your IP address)
- Payment Card Information
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information through the Platform, for example, when you register an account, purchase a subscription, or contact us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the functionality of the Platform to you.
- — To provide the Platform’s functionality to you, such as arranging access to your account and providing you with related customer service.
- — To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- — To complete your transactions, verify your information, collect payment from you, and provide you with related customer service.
- — To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Providing you with marketing materials.
- — To send you marketing related emails, phone calls, and text messages, with information about our products and services and other news about our company.
- Anonymizing and/or aggregating Personal Information.
- — We may anonymize and/or aggregate Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We may use and disclose such anonymized and/or aggregated information for any purpose.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- — For data analysis, for example, to understand how the Platform is used and improve its efficiency;
- — For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended, and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- — For fraud and security monitoring purposes, including to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- — For monitoring use of the Platform for compliance with our End User License Agreement and other agreements applicable to the Platform;
- — For improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying the Platform; and
- — For developing new products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information to our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us. These can include providers of services such as Platform hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology, and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, and auditing.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- To cooperate with law enforcement or public and government authorities.
- — To respond to a request or order or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
- For other legal reasons.
- — To enforce our End User License Agreement and other agreements applicable to the Platform; and
- — To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- — We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a third party in connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual. We and our service providers collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device.
- — Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Platform functions properly.
- — Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect such information as browser type, time spent on the Platform, pages visited, and other traffic data. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience. We also gather statistical information about the use of the Platform in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how it is used, and assist us with resolving questions about it. If you do not want information collected through cookies, most browsers allow you to automatically decline cookies or be given the choice of declining or accepting cookies from a particular website. You may also wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. If you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Platform.
- Through pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- — Pixel tags. We may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to, among other things, track the actions of Platform users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Platform use.
- Through Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies.
- — We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Platform. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- Physical Location
- — We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. We use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. You may be permitted to allow or deny such use, but, if you do, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no information transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes
If you prefer that we no longer send you email marketing, please opt out by using the unsubscribe instructions contained in each such email.
If you prefer that we no longer send you marketing text messages, please opt out by replying “STOP” to any such message.
If you prefer that we no longer place telemarketing calls to you, please inform the sales representative who calls you or email email@example.com with such request.
How you can request to access, correct, update, or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to correct, update, or delete Personal Information, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting deletion.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Platform, you understand that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Platform or otherwise to us.
Palmetto Solar, LLC
Attn: General Counsel
505 King Street Ext., Suite #114
Charleston, SC 29405